Thursday 12 February 2009

Winter weather on the Quantocks

Lots of snow and ice recently to remind us that spring really doesn't start in January - despite our annual attempts to delude ourselves.



This is one of the fine detail in the drift over the path I was walking along. It reminds me of finely bedded eroded sandstone. Which would probably remind me of drifted snow - but there you go.



Looking over Crowcombe. The road from the bottom of the hill was impassable in a vehicle from the west side - so this involved a fun trek up through a foot of snow. On top it had drifted and on the left of this picture you can see that the deep pathway has been completely filled.



I took this shortly before the snow arrived during a period of dense fog. Beautifully it was clear at the top of the hills for a while so I could capture this bank of cloud moving in.
I can't work out if it is better cropped a bit as it is in the photo below.



No comments: